Louisiana is a Southeastern state of America also known as a melting pot of various cultures. The state law allows the transfer of property through ‘affidavit of small succession’ to save the heirs from probate process. If a person dies without making a will and the value of the property is equal to or less than $75,000, Louisiana small estate affidavit can be filed.
The affidavit of small estate is valid only for the property that qualifies for being a small estate. According to Louisiana state law, the affiant filing the Louisiana small estate affidavit will be the spouse or the legal heir of the person that left the property. In case the spouse is also not alive, there should be the signs of at least two heirs to file the affidavit. Also if there is only one heir, the other person who knows all the facts can also sign the affidavit.
Affidavit of Small Estate for Louisiana
County of: ___________
State of: Louisiana
This Affidavit of the small estate is executed for the purpose of establishing [AFFIANT NAME] as a legal heir for the herein mentioned estate of the Decedent.
- The decedent [DECEDENT NAME], has died on [DATE OF DEATH], in the county of [COUNTY] and State of [STATE].
- The decedent passed away [days elapsed] days ago.
- An attested copy of the death certificate of the decedent is attached to this document.
- I [HEIR’S NAME], am an heir to the decedent’s estate which has no will attributed to it and is not under administration by any court of [STATE].
- There is no other individual who has been deemed eligible for the transfer of decedent’s estate mentioned herein.
- List of all Property Included in the estate
DESCRIPTION OF DECEDENT’S ESTATE:
The overall value of all estate combined is: ____________________
I reside at ___________________ , ________________ , _________________. [RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS]
I can be contacted through my Phone number: [PHONE NUMBER] or email address: [EMAIL ADDRESS].
My commission Expires:__________________