South Carolina is one of the most beautiful US states with many shoreline subtropical beaches and Sea Islands. In South Carolina, for the collection of personal property and settlement of a deceased family member without any hassle, small estate affidavit is used which is also called ‘Affidavit for Collection of Personal Property Pursuant to Small Estate Proceedings’.
The process can only be used by the successors if the value of the property is less than $25,000 and there is no will made by him for the settlement of this property. The heirs can apply for this settlement after 30 days of the death of the owner. They cannot apply for the settlement if there is an application for the appointment of an administrator is pending on behalf of the owner. It is mandatory to fill the form in the presence of either the probate clerk or notary and submitted to the same.
Affidavit of Small Estate for South Carolina
County of: ___________
State of: South Carolina
This Affidavit of the small estate is executed for the purpose of establishing [AFFIANT NAME] as a legal heir for the herein mentioned estate of the Decedent.
- The decedent [DECEDENT NAME], has died on [DATE OF DEATH], in the county of [COUNTY] and State of [STATE].
- The decedent passed away [days elapsed] days ago.
- An attested copy of the death certificate of the decedent is attached to this document.
- I [HEIR’S NAME], am an heir to the decedent’s estate which has no will attributed to it and is not under administration by any court of [STATE].
- There is no other individual who has been deemed eligible for the transfer of decedent’s estate mentioned herein.
- List of all Property Included in the estate
DESCRIPTION OF DECEDENT’S ESTATE:
The overall value of all estate combined is: ____________________
I reside at ___________________ , ________________ , _________________. [RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS]
I can be contacted through my Phone number: [PHONE NUMBER] or email address: [EMAIL ADDRESS].
My commission Expires:__________________