Texas is one of the largest states of America located in Southern US. The state is famous for its deserts, pine forests, and a great river the Rio Grande. The transfer of deceased property in the state is carried through a special affidavit called a small estate affidavit. If a person owns the property worth $75000 and dies without giving will, the descendants have to go through a legal process by filling in the small estate affidavit. Affidavit of Small Estate authorizes them to take care of the property of the decedent with the full rights of the owners. The only thing to keep in mind is that the descendants can only apply after 30 days of the death of the owner. Also, there should be no court proceedings pending against the owner. If the decedent has already appointed an executor before his death, you cannot file the petition.Download Texas Affidavit of Small Estate
Affidavit of Small Estate Preview
Affidavit of Small Estate for Texas
County of: ___________
State of: Texas
This Affidavit of the small estate is executed for the purpose of establishing [AFFIANT NAME] as a legal heir for the herein mentioned estate of the Decedent.
- The decedent [DECEDENT NAME], has died on [DATE OF DEATH], in the county of [COUNTY] and State of [STATE].
- The decedent passed away [days elapsed] days ago.
- An attested copy of the death certificate of the decedent is attached to this document.
- I [HEIR’S NAME], am an heir to the decedent’s estate which has no will attributed to it and is not under administration by any court of [STATE].
- There is no other individual who has been deemed eligible for the transfer of decedent’s estate mentioned herein.
- List of all Property Included in the estate
DESCRIPTION OF DECEDENT’S ESTATE:
The overall value of all estate combined is: ____________________
I reside at ___________________ , ________________ , _________________. [RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS]
I can be contacted through my Phone number: [PHONE NUMBER] or email address: [EMAIL ADDRESS].
My commission Expires:__________________