Georgia is the largest land area state in Southeastern America famous for its the Blue Ridge Mountains. When a person dies, Georgia small estate affidavit is used which is also called ‘petition for an order declaring no administration necessary’ for enabling the heirs to claim the property of the deceased.
The heirs can also claim the transfer of a bank account if the balance in the account does not exceed $10,000. Same is the case with the estate that if its value is less than or equal to $10,000, the heirs can use small estate affidavit. In Georgia, the heirs cannot submit small estate affidavit if the owner had not appointed the administrator for the settlement of the estate during his lifetime. The affidavit of estate along with all supporting documents is submitted to the probate court which appoints an administrator for distribution of the property.Georgia Affidavit of Small Estate Form
Affidavit of Small Estate for Georgia
County of: ___________
State of: Georgia
This Affidavit of the small estate is executed for the purpose of establishing [AFFIANT NAME] as a legal heir for the herein mentioned estate of the Decedent.
- The decedent [DECEDENT NAME], has died on [DATE OF DEATH], in the county of [COUNTY] and State of [STATE].
- The decedent passed away [days elapsed] days ago.
- An attested copy of the death certificate of the decedent is attached to this document.
- I [HEIR’S NAME], am an heir to the decedent’s estate which has no will attributed to it and is not under administration by any court of [STATE].
- There is no other individual who has been deemed eligible for the transfer of decedent’s estate mentioned herein.
- List of all Property Included in the estate
DESCRIPTION OF DECEDENT’S ESTATE:
The overall value of all estate combined is: ____________________
I reside at ___________________ , ________________ , _________________. [RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS]
I can be contacted through my Phone number: [PHONE NUMBER] or email address: [EMAIL ADDRESS].
My commission Expires:__________________