Indiana is also a Midwestern US state with huge farmland, auto race, and Indianapolis 500. Indiana state is also famous for its big-city Downtown which is the local residence of Soldiers and Sailors of US Army. Indiana small estate law allows a person to bypass the probate process if the property of the deceased is equal to or less than $50,000. The heirs can use small estate affidavit for collection and transfer of the deceased property 45 days after the death of the decedent. But, always keep in mind that an affiant cannot file the affidavit after the expiry of two years. One of the most interesting facts about Indiana small estate affidavit is that you can use it for collection and transfer of both personal and real property of the decedent.Indiana Affidavit of Small Estate Form
Affidavit of Small Estate for Indiana
County of: ___________
State of: Indiana
This Affidavit of the small estate is executed for the purpose of establishing [AFFIANT NAME] as a legal heir for the herein mentioned estate of the Decedent.
- The decedent [DECEDENT NAME], has died on [DATE OF DEATH], in the county of [COUNTY] and State of [STATE].
- The decedent passed away [days elapsed] days ago.
- An attested copy of the death certificate of the decedent is attached to this document.
- I [HEIR’S NAME], am an heir to the decedent’s estate which has no will attributed to it and is not under administration by any court of [STATE].
- There is no other individual who has been deemed eligible for the transfer of decedent’s estate mentioned herein.
- List of all Property Included in the estate
DESCRIPTION OF DECEDENT’S ESTATE:
The overall value of all estate combined is: ____________________
I reside at ___________________ , ________________ , _________________. [RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS]
I can be contacted through my Phone number: [PHONE NUMBER] or email address: [EMAIL ADDRESS].
My commission Expires:__________________