Kansas is a Midwestern US state which is famous for its plain land, wheat fields, and large museums. Transfer of personal property of the deceased to the heirs in Kansas state is also done through a small estate affidavit also called ‘affidavit transferring certain personal property’. The limit of the personal property that can be transferred through this affidavit should either be equal to or less than $40,000. One of the major differences in transferring the property to heirs in this state is that you do not have to go to probate court for filing the affidavit by the affiant.
Instead, in Kansas state, the third parties collect the information about the property of the deceased. The process cannot be initiated if there is an executor appointed by the state for the settlement of the same property. There is a separate affidavit form for transfer of vehicles if the value of the vehicle is also less than $40,000.
Affidavit of Small Estate for Kanas
County of: ___________
State of: Kanas
This Affidavit of the small estate is executed for the purpose of establishing [AFFIANT NAME] as a legal heir for the herein mentioned estate of the Decedent.
- The decedent [DECEDENT NAME], has died on [DATE OF DEATH], in the county of [COUNTY] and State of [STATE].
- The decedent passed away [days elapsed] days ago.
- An attested copy of the death certificate of the decedent is attached to this document.
- I [HEIR’S NAME], am an heir to the decedent’s estate which has no will attributed to it and is not under administration by any court of [STATE].
- There is no other individual who has been deemed eligible for the transfer of decedent’s estate mentioned herein.
- List of all Property Included in the estate
DESCRIPTION OF DECEDENT’S ESTATE:
The overall value of all estate combined is: ____________________
I reside at ___________________ , ________________ , _________________. [RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS]
I can be contacted through my Phone number: [PHONE NUMBER] or email address: [EMAIL ADDRESS].
My commission Expires:__________________